Monday, January 2, 2012

Epcot Flower and Garden Festival



During my 2011 Disney trip, I was fortunate enough to see the International Flower and Garden Festival for the first time at Epcot. This display of perfectly sculpted shrubs and flowers brings the landscape of Epcot to a new visionary level of excellence.

Over 100 topiaries depicting our favorite Disney characters are displayed each year for this event. For 2011, the characters taking the main stage in the Epcot entrance are those from Toy Story 3.





Throughout the park there are more of our famous Disney friends...










Each of the countries in the World Showcase have topiaries of characters that are related to their country. Lady and the Tramp (pictured above) for example, was placed in Italy. Beauty and the Beast could be seen in France while Mulan was in China, and Aladdin was in Morocco. It is a marvelous display to see. The detailing and intricacies that go into making just one of these is evident. I look forward to seeing these again one day.

"I don't like formal gardens. I like wild nature. It's just the wilderness instinct in me, I guess." -Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment