Saturday, February 6, 2010

Disney vs. Universal

I have come to realize that there are two types of people that visit Orlando theme parks. Those that desire the action thrills of Universal Studios and Islands of Adventure, and those hoping to experience the magical world of Disney. I don't know anyone who likes both worlds equally. They are geared towards different types of visitors, Universal is more for the roller coaster, adrenaline rush fans, mainly teenage boys and adults. Whereas Disney parks are geared towards those who want to see magic and make believe. Some sections are geared towards small children, others are for those who simply want to feel like a kid again. I believe Disney has a wider variety for a wider range of people. I'm personally not a Universal fan, however, I am looking forward to their up coming Harry Potter Theme Park.


I believe it will open their fan base a little more and I do plan on visiting at some point, but I will remain through and through, a Disney Girl =).


This is how I see it:

Magic Kingdom has the most to offer families with young children.




Hollywood Studios, formally MGM, can be more enjoyable for teenagers and adults.



Epcot is normally seen as the most "adult" park. The ride selection is limited, and the main focus of the park is the World Showcase, which can make some small children restless. Epcot was always my least favorite park as a child but as I get older, I now have a new appreciation for it.












Last and certainly not least, Animal Kingdom is a park for all ages. Everyone loves animals which is the theme of this park. There are sections of the park such as Dino-Land where small children can explore a bone yard, there are fast paced rides such as Expedition Everest and Dinosaur for teenagers and beyond, and then there is the wonderful leisurely Safari that one can enjoy whether they are 5 or 85.


"You don't build it for yourself. You know what the people want and you build it for them." —Walt Disney

No comments:

Post a Comment